Monday, June 15, 2009

Lovey Dovey

Four weeks after marrying my sweetheart, I had the honor of being a bridesmaid for one of my bridesmaids.

So due to the wedding weekend and the fact that two of my friends have already completed this relationship survey, I decided to take it as well.

♥ How long have you been together?
Five years, four weeks, and two days. Married for four weeks and two days (one month to the date tomorrow!).

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Nine months-ish.

♥ Who asked whom out?
He asked me out, but I had to let him know I was ready. ;)

♥ How old are each of you?
We are both 22; we were either 16 or 16 and 17 when we met; 17 when we started dating.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Not yet.

♥ What about pets?
Not yet; maybe one day we'll have a cat.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Right now it's getting all of our crap moved into our house and getting it situated!

♥ Did you go to the same school?
For college, yes. We started dating in high school but went to different ones.

♥ Are you from the same hometown?
No. I moved here during high school and Garrett grew up here; I consider Houston my hometown.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I would say he's naturally more intelligent, but I've always worked harder/studied harder and had a better GPA in college. He has a more well-rounded intelligence (he's good at pretty much every subject) and I have a more subject-specific intelligence (I'm very good at a few subjects).

♥ Who is more sensitive?
Me, for sure!

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Either New York or the Caribbean, I'm not sure which is farther.

♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Neither of us have exes.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Neither of us have much of a temper. I get upset more easily because I'm sensitive, but it takes a lot for me to blow up. Garrett is usually even-tempered.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Me, but I'm still learning.

♥ Who is more social?
I enjoy being around people more, but he can work a crowd better than I can.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Both of us like for things to be moderately neat, but neither of us are neat-freaks unfortunately. I'm the one who's pretty much doing the cleaning though.

♥ Who is more stubborn?
That's really hard to say... we're both pretty darn stubborn.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
I may have stolen the covers a few times...

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Him on the weekdays because he has to work. On the weekends it's usually at the same time.

♥ Where was your first date?
We ate at Steak n Shake, went to play putt-putt, and then went to the movie and saw Shrek 2.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
We generally do lunch with my family and dinner with his family, but it does depend on the holiday.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Garrett used to be, but not anymore.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Once we started dating? It was serious right away; I knew a week before we started dating that we were going to get married, and I'm not sure if he knew, but I think he was definitely interested in that. He was pretty serious about me after knowing me for a few months (about four or five I guess), and I wasn't until, well, a week before we started dating!

♥ Who eats more?
He does.

♥ Who does/did the laundry?
Me

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Probably me, though I guess it depends on the situation.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
He used to drive us all the time, but since we got married I'm driving more since my car has the better mileage.

♥ Who is the romantic one?
I would consider myself to be more romantic-minded, but neither of us are romantic in the sense of grand gestures. Sometimes I'll write him a really sweet note, and occasionally he'll say something that just makes my day. We both do little things, I guess.

1 comment:

Amy Anne said...

Thanks. I love the dress too! I have been looking for one since about Christmas time and have been searching without any luck. Oh well. I found one now. I might still keep looking and try to find one in white and with the colors I wanna use also. That would make it really awesome.

Love the survey. I found it just had to do it! :)