On Friday night Garrett and I went with some friends to a nearby small town to a drive-in theater. It's something I've wanted to do for years, but it never seemed like a good time with the time commitment of two movies that don't start until the sun goes down. But this Friday we enjoyed a double feature of eighties movies: Back to the Future and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I had never seen Ferris Bueller before, but I thought it was pretty funny. And of course Back to the Future is just a classic. It was also neat to me that Ferris Bueller was set in Chicago and I could spot buildings and artwork and such that we saw while we were there.
While at the drive-in, we saw the preview for the upcoming movie In Time, which I thought would never say this: is a sci-fi action thriller starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. And it looks really good. I think I might have to add it to my list of movies to see in the theater this year.
Then last night, we rented Unknown from Redbox, an action thriller staring Liam Nesson. After Liam Nesson's character gets in an accident, he finds that he has been replaced by someone else claiming to be him. After ruling out that he's crazy and not who he says he is, he investigates what is happening. Garrett and I were really surprised by the answer and didn't see it coming, which is always nice in this sort of film.
And then, I keep stalking IMDB and The Hunger Games movie Facebook page for new info about the movie in March. The latest is that Jennifer Lawrence, who plays Katniss, will be singing "Rue's lullaby" for the soundtrack, so that will be interesting to hear. I'm a little disappointed by a couple of things I've found out though, like that the character of Madge has been cut out, and consequently it seems that Prim will be wearing the Mockingjay pin to the reaping, which does not really make sense since the Everdeen family is always on the verge of starvation. I mean, unless that pin was extremely valuable to her father, there's no way Katniss would let the family have that when she could sell it. I guess we'll see what the story behind all that is. Also, I found out that Josh Hutcherson (playing Peeta) and Jennifer shot a flashback scene that is supposed to take place four years before the reaping. I can see why they wouldn't want to use other actors for this, but at the same time, I'm concerned about it looking like it was four years ago. It's kind of important because it's: (1) the first time Katniss notices Peeta and (2) Katniss was very desperate and just in a very different place in life at that point, and should look it. So hopefully, they younged them up a bit and made Jennifer look a lot less polished. After reading this Entertainment Weekly article though (the article contains a spoiler if you haven't finished the series), I am anticipating seeing my favorite character coming to life.
P.S. Gary Ross: Don't mess it up.
Anybody seen any good movies recently or looking forward to something coming soon?
4 comments:
Ooo, Unknown sounds really good. I'll have to check that out.
I watched a reeeally good movie yesterday. It's my goal to have a post on that up by the end of the day.
I rarely watch movies anymore, but I did watch Soul Surfer with my mom and HG a few days ago and really enjoyed it. And I want to see Winnie the Pooh, ha.
Ha, well my love for Winnie goes back to childhood, so I'll be watching it when it hits Redbox whether or not HG watches it with me ;)
We've stopped watching movies as much as we had during the summer. Now we just stream Psych and watch that. Every now and then we might browse to see what is on Netflix but that will stop since we just sent back Lincoln Lawyer today and we are changing our account over. I fell asleep during Lincoln Lawyer so I can't help you on what it was like or how it was! :)
Post a Comment