Thursday, November 10, 2011

November Writing Goal and Catch-Up

Finally, a free moment!

So despite the fact that this has been a pretty busy month so far, 10 days in and I am still making good on a goal I set for myself this month: to write everyday towards a new short story that I would start on November 1 and end November 30. It can be one sentence or one page, the length of what I write that day does not matter, as long as it's something. So far it's going really well. The first four days I was really on fire about my idea and wrote a decent amount, and though I'm still interested in the story, a lot of that initial passion has dwindled, but I'm still working on it. I'm pretty much doing this by the seat of my pants which is rare for me when I write, but it's neat to discover the story as it goes. If I like what I did I'll share it on Facebook.

I'm so happy to have a three day weekend, where I can finally catch up on laundry and house cleaning. And hopefully relax a little. And not think about work. And write more. And anticipate the one good thing Monday will bring (since there will be no Castle, sad): THE HUNGER GAMES TRAILER! Supposedly a for-real trailer, not a Jennifer-Lawrence-runs-through-the-woods-and-shoots-an-arrow-teaser trailer-with-annoying-Gale-voice-over. I'm getting a little excited.

3 comments:

Anna W. said...

So I just now saw your edit on your costume post and agree with Lexie-- even if you can't wear it in the dead of winter, I bet you could still work it into these fall-like temps (and even bust it out again early spring!). It's cute!

rachael said...

Did you watch the trailer today? What did you think? I thought it was great!

Anonymous said...

I like your writing idea! Wish I had seen it earlier in the month. I was actually trying to do a similar thing, but sketching. It's the 14th and I've got two drawings. Oh well. :)