Thursday, March 8, 2012

American Idol Top 13... I Wasn't Planning On This...

I was not planning to do American Idol blogging this year (other than not shut up about Colton until he gets kicked off or even possibly after), and I still may not. But, I got roped into an American Idol game at work today, so even though Wednesday nights are very difficult for sitting down and watching TV this year, I'm going to have to try to follow it enough to know who is doing well and who is not, because this is basically a bracket challenge, where each week we have to guess who's going home. I only watched the first hour last night (since Colton came on then and I decided to watch Star Trek with Garrett instead of watching the second hour), so that made my first pick on who to send home interesting. After some quick thinking, I decided to narrow it down to girls, because they just aren't doing well on Idol anymore. Then I narrowed it down to two. I picked one named Elise who had a forgettable performance last night.

And I was *this* close! She ended up in the bottom two, but the judges decided to save her and give Jeremy the boot (a new thing they decided to do this time around). I didn't see Jeremy last night, but I knew he was a Wild Card pick for the Top 13 plus had a mediocre performance last night (according to a couple different sources), so after I had already turned in my answer for Elise getting the boot, I had considered it might be him. Oh well, still not too bad for only seeing half the show.

I won't claim to have any idea who is going home in what order at this point in the game, but I think Colton, Phillip, and Skylar will have strong followings and can make it far, and that Heejan, Jessica, and Hollie will do well but will eventually get booted for not showing a ton of personality (in the case of the two ladies) or for thinking he is better/more interesting than he is (Heejan). Otherwise, I'm not too sure, especially since I have not even heard everyone sing yet! I've got to catch up!

No comments: