Saturday, May 9, 2009

Two Important Pieces of Paper

Obtained the marriage license on Friday:

(I cleared out our names since I don't know who runs across this blog.)

Obtained my college diploma today:

(OK, not my actual diploma, just the sleeve, but I'm still an official college graduate!)

It was quite a long day today, sitting through the morning ceremony to watch Garrett graduate, going through a great ordeal for me to obtain any sort of substance for lunch (turned out to be half of a McDonald's cheeseburger), then go through my graduation ceremony in the afternoon. Oy. And then after barely being home, we wound up driving to Smyrna to meet Garrett's family at The Catfish House. I actually saw the guy who sat next to me at the ceremony there, still wearing his cap and gown! Craziness! Anyhow, but it was a nice dinner and definitely more filling than my lunch. I was actually "adventurous" (for me anyways) by eating a couple of things I normally don't, though I still shyed away from the seafood in favor of grilled chicken.

Then after a bit Garrett came back over to my place to hang out, and it was weird to realize this would be the last time we would hang out for a significant amount of time before we're married! And next Saturday we'll be married! (Apparently, I walked across the stage to receive my diploma around the time our wedding ceremony is starting!)

I have to admit, I'm kind of nervous, but it's not because I doubt my love for Garrett. I still feel really, really unprepared. And I haven't packed a stitch of my belongings... hmmm... I might want to get on that. I guess it's good I'm finished with work now, because I know this will be a busy, busy week with last minute wedding things and with packing for the honeymoon and for moving!

No comments: