On Friday I watched Pride and Prejudice for the millionth time (I was having withdrawls... how sad is that) and Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time in a very long time. I forgot how good it was. I had been so tainted by the crappy sequels that completely ruined everything that was good and true about the first one.
Despite the fact that I am not quite done with school yet, I've actually done a lot of non-school-related things this weekend, but most of them were necessary. Ok, maybe not most. I didn't even get much wedding stuff done. Guess what May 6 - May 15 will be? WEDDING CRUNCH TIME! At least all the big things are done. I saw Chris Madison this Saturday and he said, "Well here you are two weeks before your wedding buying a gift for someone else. You seem calm; you must have everything under control." Funny, it doesn't seem that way from my side of things, but at least it seems that way. I can totally wear my heart on my sleeve or totally hide my feelings, and for the most part I've been internalizing my freak out moments about the wedding. Unless people ask me, then I'm just honest.
So and so: Are you excited about the wedding?!
Me: Yeah, and a little nervous, a little anxious, a little bit of everything...
More realistic so and so: Are you going crazy yet?
Me: Just about!
I love the second people. They seem to have a better grasp of what's really going in my world.
Anyhow, one thing I did do today was paint at our new house! Yay! Not a lot though, unfortunately. We (a group of friends and I but minus Garrett) primed the master bedroom (it was a gold color and we're painting it a light blue) and painted the office (it's green). It was pretty fun (the painting moreso than the priming) and it will be excited to see finished results. But goodness, paint is more expensive than I realized! I know it's really good quality, so you get what you pay for. Hopefully I won't end up hating any of the colors and will be happy with the results!
Anyhow, I'm going to skip off to bed. Just three more days of work, lots of meetings this week, a couple of revisions, and then on Saturday I'm graduating! Crazy! Now I'm excited about it, though I have no clue what I am going to do career-wise. Right now, I'm leaning towards getting something part-time that I don't hate, but work on trying to do some freelance writing on the side. My new Sunday school teacher as of this next Sunday works at Lifeway, and I plan to talk to him about what he knows about writing for them (especially since I think he has done it). We shall see...
2 comments:
i always fall asleep during jane austen .. reading or watching! i feel like this makes me a bad english lit major.
wedding madness! i cant believe it's already here!
Hey Amy I sure the colors will be great!Those are good colors( better than off white .I love COLOR!! Try to stop second guessing yourself , enjoy it for a season( how ever long that might be)and stop worring or fretting about the small stuff , Actually God tells us not to worry about anything,RIGHT didnt He say that? We live in an unperfect world, and only God can make it perfect, people will never be perfect.
I am attending my second cousin wedding that same day. A wedding in the country on their farm. So take a deep breathe but don't hold it(or you will pass out, don't need that) breathe slow and deeply I do hope your day is wonderful and that you will be able to remember every fun aspect of it all.
Post a Comment