Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Life Is Great/Unexciting

Well, I haven't posted in a while because there's been nothing to say. Right now I'm living a very routine life, but it's a routine I actually ENJOY for once. While I would love to skip off to Europe (why is that every summer at least five of my friends must torment me with their Facebook photo albums filled with pictures from Europe?), I'm learning to enjoy the simple, everyday things that are occurring in my life. Last week Garrett discovered the simple joy of coming home for lunch, so that's added a little something special to my day. I hang out with my core group of friends at least twice a week and sometimes three. Garrett and I also have a new routine of spending our evenings apart for a while, and then getting together to watch Star Trek and eating ice cream. My cooking still isn't very adventurous but I am at least expanding our menu some. I'm also finally getting back into writing again, which is nice though I haven't written anything too great or inspiring yet.

I'm still looking for a job but enjoying the free time I have without one. I'll love the extra money we'll have once I get one though. Money may not be everything, but it would be nice if I could buy myself an article of clothing every once in a while without feeling guilty. I'm trusting something will work out soon.

I got my hair cut yesterday, which I suppose most people would call my "post-wedding chop." I love the length my hair was, so it wasn't so much that I wanted to get rid of it, as much as it's summer and I needed at least a trim anyways, so I tried a new style. Nothing drastic, but here it is:

It's hard to tell, but the shortest layer is shoulder length. This is me considering side-swept bangs for the future but chickening out for now. And that mess behind me would be all the things I still don't have a place for yet. Who knew two people could fill up three bedrooms so quickly? Sigh.

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

I've gone through feeling guilty about buying stuff on one income, but if you'd like I can share a little more in depth (i.e. not for the whole world to see) as to how John and I go about it now so that I don't feel so guilty.

Cute hair!

Lexie said...

What kind of job are you looking for? I feel like it would be easy to find a job in Murfreesboro, but that's probably just because my college town is only 30,000 people so the job opps are soooo limited!