If I could have had a wedding without a budget, I'm not sure how much I would have done too different. I would have, however, undoubtedly had several photographers with various styles to capture the day. I ultimately chose my photographer for a number of reasons, but his photography initially appealed to me because it's real, raw, and unique. It's different from the clean-cut, crisp photography style I also love. So it was fun to FINALLY (after weeks of blog-stalking) see a few pictures from my friend Jennifer's wedding that I was in. The photography style was different, but still great. Here are a few pictures I stole from the photographer's blog:




(Hey look, it's me! Oh, and the bride and groom. :))
Photography by Bob and Cathy Gray.
I guess when it comes down to it though, I love great photography of anything, not just weddings. As a member of the literary and arts magazine on campus, I feel I grew a very discerning eye for photography, for the difference between something ordinary and something extraordinary. And seeing extraordinary photography kinda makes me wish I was a little motivated to pursue it more avidly myself, but I just don't feel that's where I'm going. But maybe I'm wrong. I guess I'll just continue to take my life in stride, one step at a time, and see where it takes me...
2 comments:
i LOVE wedding photography, and i dont even believe in weddings. i think your photographer did an awesome job!
i will send you links of stuff i find sometime!
Seeing these photos has gotten me excited thinking of my future wedding (whenever I decide to set the date lol). I too love looking at different types of photography, and recently getting more into wedding photography. The photos look great!
Post a Comment