Well, I had my interview for the publicity intern job today. Immediately afterward I felt dejected, but in hindsight I'm not sure why, other than its short length. I felt I had blown it, but I certainly did not say or do anything to blow it, I don't believe. They could probably tell I was nervous and I didn't have any questions to ask them, but I don't think that's all bad. Anyhow, I left them with writing samples, so there's still that part of the equation to consider. And it's all in God's hands. With the other job I interviewed for, I just felt like that had to be it, because I actually got an interview. But what about all the other people who interviewed for it? Not everything in my life is going to be perfect, and I think it was time for me to realize that. So even though I want this job more, my hopes aren't as high about getting it, so if I don't, I won't take it as hard (I hope). If I do, it will be a pleasant surprise. I have decided that I definitely do not want to apply for anymore jobs in Nashville unless they're really amazing though, because the commute is not fun. Especially in my '99 needs-new-tires-a-new-rim-and-new-timing-belt Civic.
So tonight I tried out the recipe for tortilla lasagna that Anna had posted a while back. Yesterday when I was planning my trip to Kroger I realized I had no idea what to fix this week, and I did not really feel like fixing the usual stuff because we eat it ALL THE TIME. I thought, I know we're a couple of picky eaters, but there has to be other stuff we can eat. Then I remembered the tortilla lasagna and looked it up and had a meal that I knew would last us for two nights this week. And we both really enjoyed it! Garrett loved all the cheese, ha ha. It's nice to have a new recipe to add to my short list of things to make.
When I was almost finished cooking tonight, I was thinking about how I managed to avoid any cooking crisis like I do pretty much anytime I'm trying out a new meal. I attributed it to the fact that I'm a bit more practiced with cooking now, and finished things up. As I stick the dish in the oven I noticed what I missed: "Cook for 40 minutes uncovered. Then sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and cook for additional 10 minutes." Uh... I had already sprinkled the rest of the cheese when it said "repeat layers." Oops! Anyhow, I cooked it uncovered part of the time and covered the rest of the time, for 45 minutes, and thankfully that worked out just fine. But I learned my lesson!
So apparently the lack of walking around on MTSU's campus is starting to effect me. My eating habits have been the same, and though I like my sweets, I always eat them in moderation and eat healthy food too. For several months after graduation I was fine, but now I've noticed a couple of things, mainly my suit pants, are fitting me a little tight. Like, I'm just a pound or two too heavy. Whoops. I have decided to take this as an initiative to get junk out of my office so we can get Garrett's parents' old exercise bike in STAT. And my body will happier with me, and not just for losing a pound of fat.
2 comments:
I'm glad the tortilla lasagna turned out well! I usually cook it every couple of weeks-- though the last time I made it, I didn't do something right because John was up with an upset stomach half the night!
Weight gain-- yeah. I have a lot to do once I have this baby and get the 'o.k' to start working out!
the last time i saw you was in that rite aid a year ago maybe and i was shocked at how petite you are in real life (which is funny to say because we're both from the same town and i rode the bus with garret, etc etc). anyway, working out is good, but dont be too hard on yourself!
Post a Comment