Friday, May 27, 2011

Back.

Sorry for the absence, but it's been for a good reason. Garrett and I just got back from four fun-filled days in Chicago! His cousin and cousin's husband live in a house in a suburb of Chicago and offered us to come to the city and stay with them, so we planned a vacation! I plan to write detailed posts about the trip, and hopefully one of you will find the info useful should you ever choose to go. (It might be a while before I get to that though since I have a busy weekend ahead as well.) We didn't get everything scratched off our to-do list this time around and plan to go back... though realistically we're thinking we might have teenagers by then since we have so many other places to go and see first (and it's not the best vacation for young children). But that's OK, we'll get to see how much the Museum of Science and Industry Twinkie has aged by then! I'll explain that later. :) Here are a few pictures for a sneak peek (one from each day):


Oh, and Scotty did win American Idol, as I have imagined he would for weeks now. Good for him. I think he will do well. And I hope Lauren will too, I heard she really stepped it up for the finale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd be amazed where you can go with young children! Chicago sounds like a lot of fun; looking forward to your post on it!

Amy Anne said...

looks like fun!!

Amy Anne said...

Any time you want to come over, works for me! I'm off Weds for sure at Kroger! I told them thats my me day. And she's started scheduling me day shifts, so yea!