Round One:
So James and Jacob start off, and I'm not feeling either of them. I wonder if James sounded better in person than on my crappy kitchen TV because the judges loved it. Meanwhile, Randy and I totally agreed that Jacob singing Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown was a terrible choice.
(At this point I switched to the living room TV for better quality sound)
Lauren killed it with a Carrie Underwood song. She finally tapped into her potential, even without going into crazy high notes. She found her niche.
I love Scotty again this week. So fun, so perfect for his voice... I think I'm going to have to vote for him a few times tonight because the way he's been doing lately, he deserves it.
Haley... I thought it was a good song and I don't have anything negative to say, but it wasn't my favorite performance of hers. I agree with what Jennifer said, that it wasn't the best song at this level of the competition.
Round Two:
James' second song was just so stinking beautiful. Full of pure emotion and very powerful, and many of the notes were there too (though a few were flat or pitchy).
Jacob's second performance was better than the first, and it was getting pretty good at the end, but I was not 110% sold on it... more like 90%.
Lauren taps into her potential, part two, while showing another side of herself.
Scotty, I think you really deserve to be the American Idol this season. It's hard for me to say that but it's true. After weeks of fighting your country twang, you've slowly won me over. Another solid performance for round two.
Haley's second performance was definitely a much, much better showcase of her voice.
Prediction: Jacob ought to be going home this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment