Well, turns out this is not happening after all. Sad day. It was a cute idea. I do have some pics of my trial run of this outfit though, so I may still share those at the end of the post sometime later this weekend.


I just tried out my outfit inspired by the lovely Peggy Carter from Captain America. I have to say, the outfit itself looks pretty good, and I'm happy about that. However, I did learn why cheap makeup is cheap. Yikes. Even if I'm only wearing it once, it might be worth it to spring a few more bucks after all and find some better quality makeup. Hopefully I can make myself make the trip before Friday evening. And I hope I don't epically fail with the hair. But at least I have a cute jacket. Will post pictures of the ensemble later... :)
*EDIT 2*
Here is a picture from my trail run, just imagine the tie tied correctly and the hair and makeup done. :)

Not exact, but not bad either. My only thing is I don't know what to do about this jacket. You see, I bought it somewhat impulsively three weeks ago when I decided this was a great idea for a costume. I thought, hey, it's cute, I'll wear it again. I also thought if the outfit did not pan out (sometimes I think I have a sense about things to come but ignore it) I could always return it. Well, apparently Forever 21 has the lamest store return policy ever: return for store credit or exchange for something else in the store WITHIN 21 DAYS. The lady told me this when she checked me out, but I don't think it fully registered in my brain until after the fact.
But still I thought, I'll wear it for my Halloween party and I'll wear it again! Right?! Or if not I can take it back, buy a scarf, and then get the rest on a gift card for Hannah (Garrett's cousin who loves the store). Right?! Unless said party is on the last day you can return the jacket, and when no one shows up dressed up and all you have of you look at the moment is curled hair you decide not to put on your outfit and thus realize you are stuck with a cute but totally impractical jacket that you cannot ever imagine having a reason to wear.
So options...
1. Sell for a fraction of the price at Plato's Closet or other consignment store.
2. Try to find a worthwhile cause to donate it to. We got an e-mail at work announcing that they are going to be collecting new coats and jackets soon for the military. I would totally be all over this but they emphasized that the point was to keep them warm. This jacket would not keep anyone warm.
3. Give it to Hannah for birthday/Christmas and hope she likes it.
4. Keep it for at least a while and try to find a couple of times to wear it before it gets too cold.
5. Walk into Forever 21 and demand they change their policy. Who am I kidding... I won't do that. And even if I did, they would not change it.
Let me know if you have suggestions!m And no, next Halloween won't work. I'm going to be Katniss, period. And I am going to make sure THAT happens.
2 comments:
sad day! that was a good idea!
i happen to think that jacket is bad ass and you should try and work it into your wardrobe! it looks really cute on you.
Post a Comment