Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Thing #6: Frozen Yogurt

To the untrained eye, it may seem I have jumped on the frozen yogurt craze/bandwagon with everyone else. The truth it, I jumped on it a long time ago. One of my favorite cold weather memories is from a time when my mom and I were going to attend a Christmas play at our old church in Texas, saw how crowded the parking lot was, changed our mind and drove to TCBY for yogurt. Cold weather be hanged (by cold I mean it was below 60 degrees... this was Houston after all!), we wanted our frozen yogurt! TCBY was also conveniently located in the same shopping center where we got our hair cut for a while, and frequently made visits after our haircuts. I was distraught when I moved to this town a little over eight years to discover that the only TCBY in town was attached to a gas station (there may have been more than one, but they were all in Golden Gallons), and even that was quickly taken away (when Kangaroo took over).

So imagine my delight when I caught wind of the latest trend: self-serve frozen yogurt. I was a fan before I even tried it out. And when I finally made that first trip to Sweet CeCe's when it finally came into town, it was pure bliss. As we celebrated my birthday this weekend, two of my gal friends who apparently know me quite well gave me gift cards to the establishment. That's right. What could be better than one Sweet CeCe's gift card?
Two gift cards! In a cup. My future is looking very yummy...

2 comments:

Amy Anne said...

i love that place too! :) Source code was good. I fell asleep during it, but it was very interesting what I did see of it!

Anna W. said...

Long before The Avenue-area of Murfreesboro was ever conceived, there was TCBY in the little strip next to Subway on Memorial (near Hastings). I've never actually been to a TCBY, but I do remember there being a local-ish frozen yogurt place in the Kroger shopping center on Cason Lane. We have a Sweet CeCe's near us, and a place called YoLo; both are pretty yummy!