Sunday, December 11, 2011

Keeping Busy.

Things have been so busy lately, and it's only going to get busier as Christmas draws nearer and nearer.

On Wednesday night we went to go see Switchfoot in Nashville. We haven't seen them in two years and originally their tour was not coming through here, and so the moment I found out they were coming I was determined to go. Never mind that it was on a crappy day. And it ended up being an even more crappy day for it than I realized, but thankfully we were able to still go to work, go to the concert in one car, get there on time, enjoy the show, and leave and get home at a decent time. But we also decided this was our last concert on an inconvenient night. We are just getting too old. And considering the fact that 95% of the people in the room were in their 20s and we're only getting older, Switchfoot may want to consider a weekend show next time they're in town. Anyhow, it was amazing, as expected. I will admit I did not love it as much as the concert a couple of years ago from their Hello Hurricane tour, which was longer, had no opening act, and better sound (Exit In > Mercy Lounge/Cannery Ballroom), but it was still awesome and I was glad to hear some of their new songs live (including "Where I Belong").

Friday night we celebrated Luke's second birthday with his family and Garrett's parents, which was fun. I was exposed to this video and about died. Watch at your own risk. Yesterday I spent much of the day with my small group girls for my Christmas party. Sadly I did not get any pictures on my camera, but I should be able to procure a group picture from someone else's camera one day. We enjoyed just hanging out, as usual. I also made this chocolate chip dip I found on Pinterest a while back and it was really good! I'd recommend it with chocolate graham cookies; yum!

3 comments:

Anna W. said...

I still know a lot of people our age who still do the whole late-nighter thing quite a bit! Granted, they're single (and childless), so I guess that has something to do with it, ha.

I started to say I can't believe Luke is two, but since he's just five months older than Hannah Grace, it really shouldn't surprise me!

Amy said...

We both had to work late that day and Garrett HAD to go to work the next day, so that's what I meant by we won't be staying out late on inconvenient nights anymore! We might still go out on a better weeknight, though we really aren't fans of it.

Anna W. said...

You know, now that I've had a touch screen phone for two years, I can't type on a slide out keyboard (or any phone keyboard). You'd get used to a touch screen pretty quickly.

Ha, and thanks. I love that picture so much. And Lightroom really helped me tweak it.