Thursday, December 1, 2011

Story Update and More About Writing

November has come and gone, and as I predicted, I did not finish my long short story. But also as mentioned before, I intend to keep working on it everyday until its done. The story has taken a surprising direction that I am not sure what to do with, but I'm just going to take it one sentence at a time. When I finish this story, if this method seems to work for me, then I may have to make myself do this with every other story idea swirling in my head. I have a bad habit of writing down bits and pieces of stories, just these scenes that pop in my mind like a movie trailer. I have finally made myself sit down and develop plot outlines for these stories, but when I start them, I get stuck quickly. But if I take the approach of literally writing it out one sentence at a time, focusing only on how this sentence will advance the plot and evoke emotion, I think I will do a lot better with my writing and get a lot more actually written.

So speaking of writing, I have obviously neglected blogging a lot this year, especially last month. Obviously my love for writing has not changed, and it's true I don't have a lot of free time, but most of the time I don't want to sit down and write in this blog because I don't know what to say that is relevant to the blog. This blog has always been about my life, but the older I get the more private I become. It's not that I have anything to hide, but some things you don't want to explain to people outside the situation. I still want to blog, but I think soon I'm going to have to either really revamp this blog or create a whole new one with a different theme. And if I do this, I'm going to try to actively get more readers, including people I don't know. And if people I don't know are involved, I'm really not going to say much about my personal life.

But the question is, what am I passionate about that I will want to blog about it often? That I am willing to put aside the time to write it out and think it out? The only thing I can think of is stories. That seems so vague, but I don't want to box it up too much. For a time I had considered starting up a really nerdy blog about Star Trek and stuff, but I don't want to limit myself to just that. I want to talk about The Hunger Games, movies and books I just read and saw, stories whirling around in my mind... Hmmm... I'll have to give it more thought. I don't want to go into this half-haphazardly. I want to be serious about it. I want this to be a deliberate step towards my pursuit in telling stories for people. I want the blog to be a chance to gain an audience now.

No comments: