Thursday, February 23, 2012

Back On The Reading Train

Alright, I got off the reading train but I'm hopping back on now. And in case anyone is interested in what I am reading, I am going to be updating my reading list, with the link off to the side.>>>>

I actually decided to do this for my new blog that I am working on and thinking of actually doing this time (instead of being the entertainment blog on Wordpress I was thinking about, it would be a mix of that and personal still here on Blogger), thinking it would be make sense for the theme of that blog. But I thought that until I got that going I would update it here too for the moment, since this blog is active and the other one isn't. I'm also hoping having the list out somewhere will help me stick with it.

Two of the books on the list I am on a waiting list to receive a copy of the e-books from the library (I'm #11 on one list and #30 on the other), and then the other two were free books I just downloaded tonight (well, one is sampler, not a book). I have spent so much time not reading because I was trying to figure out what to read, and I finally decided that I should read books that are similar to ones that I want to write, even if it's below my reading level, so that's why I'm mostly focusing on young adult (and dystopian young adult at that). I've got some other books in mind for the future too; it feels good to have a reading plan!

Anybody else have a reading list they're working through?

P.S. On another note... I'm so excited because Colton Dixon is going to be part of the Top 24 on American Idol! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! He's super talented, is from Murfreesboro, and was totally robbed last year by not making it to the Top 24! Everyone should vote for him next week to ensure he gets into the Top 12!

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

I keep seeing Colton stuff pop up in my FB news feed because he goes to New Vision, so our mutual friends are promoting him like crazy!

I don't have an official reading list, but I am reading more. I just finished Crazy Love and am now reading Mission of Motherhood (the hardcopy) and Power of a Praying Wife on my TouchPad. Once I finish those, I want to start on the Chronicles of Narnia series, and I may also read Forgotten God at the same time.

Amy Anne said...

i dont have time to read that much :( i mean I've been stuck on hungar games for a good 2 or 3 months. Maybe in a few weeks I will just read away.. hoping to get atleast 3 books read, just don't know what ones.