This last few weekends have been pretty good. I spent one evening baking some amazingly delicious peanut butter and chocolate brownie things with Mandy and Elissa and they turned out... well, amazingly delicious. I think we're going to have to make them again. And again. And again.


This past weekend I went and saw my friend Ashley in a production of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I gotta confess, it put a slight twinge in me maybe possibly thinking about doing a show again one day. I did one show for church in college, and I was almost apathetic about it. I'm not sure what happened between high school and college that made me change my feelings. I even thought about minoring in theatre in college for about a few semesters before I dropped my Fundamentals of Acting class and never looked back. I dropped the class because of the teacher, not because of the class itself, but for some reason I just never cared enough to try again. Anyhow, the show was done theatre-in-the-round style though, which I don't think I could do right out of the gate of "retirement," as it can be desperately distracting to someone unseasoned. Ashley has been "retired" herself for a while (pretty sure her last show was the same one as mine), but she did a great job and I enjoyed it!

Then of course there was the Super Bowl. Graham and Elissa hosted a Super Bowl gig and for some reason I felt possessed to make signs and bring them. So I did, and we enjoyed using them. I was more interested in commercials than the game, though I do like both the Giants and the Patriots moderately well, so that was nice (as opposed to last year, when I could care less about either team). Unfortunately though, the commercials were really disappointing this year. I liked the Dortio's commercials, the beer-fetching dog, the graduate who thought he got a Chevy, E*Trade, the vampire one, Ferris Bueller (though the full version online is waaaay funnier), and I think a couple others, and while that may sound like a decent amount, there was not one in particular that really stood out and I just LOVED, and plus most of them left me thinking, "Ugh. Really?"

Anyhow, Garrett was rooting for the Patriots, and I was kind of too, but in hindsight, I'm glad the Giants won. I already kind of liked Eli, but him winning has made me like him more. He seems like a neat, personable guy, and classy. Oh, and his baby is adorable.

Eli told Dave Letterman that she stayed up for the whole game and learned how to clap. How cute is that?! (Answer: even cuter than her red bow and shoes, which are ridiculously cute.)
On a different note, I am still way super stoked about The Hunger Games movie. They've been releasing a ton of new pictures, but pretty sure they're all from the first half of the movie. They're keeping the good stuff secret! Anyhow, I think it's going to be a lot better than I initially anticipated. The soundtrack though... that's another story. I think the score will be awesome if the trailer music is any indicator, but most of the artists they have lined up for the soundtrack are just not my cup of tea, so I'll probably be passing on it. I guess I was hoping for too much when I dreamed of an album full of David Cook (most notably his song "Let Me Fall For You") and other artists I like.
And as you can maybe tell, I've kind of lost an interest in blogging. I went from being gung-ho about starting a new blog to being completely blah about it. I just want to completely throw myself into my fiction. Which is good in a sense, I just wish I could find a communal way to do it without worrying about plagiarism, because I do love feedback for my writing. Hmmm.
I've also got several other things rolling around in my brain. Things I've gotten myself upset over, things I want to see happen, things I get frustrated about, but I am trying to remember what a journey life is, and that right now is not definitive, and as Switchfoot says, "nothing lasts forever." I'm trying to be content in the now but plan for the future. I don't want to look back one day and think I wasted my time not building up to my dream, but I also have to go with current life circumstances. I plan to each day move forward and work towards my future while doing a good job with what I am given now.
1 comment:
those were some of my fav. commercials also! those desserts look good.
Post a Comment