Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Recap

The weekend before Valentine's we went out on our "Valentine's date" to go see Star Wars in 3D and eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Now, I knew 3D movies cost more, but I thought seeing it at 4 PM would provide some break in price, or maybe we were just paying Green Hills premium. Regardless, it was more than I cared to pay for a movie I have seen several times before, own, and was not even that special in 3D. But I have to admit that it was kind of cool to see it in theater again. I just wish they had cut Jar Jar Binks out of the plot this time around.

Then we went to The Cheesecake Factory. I fully realize it was a Saturday night, but we had gone on a Saturday night for Elissa's bachelorette party with a short wait and no problems. Well, not so this time. We waited a while to even get our name put in, at which point we were told the wait was 2 hours and 35 minutes. Now, The Cheesecake Factory has good food, but so does Carabba's, which is a very short walk away. What makes The Cheesecake Factory what it is is the cheesecake. And we could wait in line at the "bakery" off to the side and get that to go. So we did. Thankfully that was more like 15-20 minutes, so we grabbed the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake I wanted and headed back to town to eat at Newks's before settling down at home with the cheesecake and Captain America. So even though it was a little hectic and didn't go exactly as planned, I liked how the night turned out after all.

(Heavenly)

We didn't do anything special on Valentine's, though the night before I had baked us some goodies and we continued to enjoy those.
(Not really heavenly, but still good)

These pictures remind me that I have been meaning to write a post about my new camera per Anna's request. I will one day, but honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out. It has so much more potential than I am currently ready for. I knew it was a heavyweight, but it's definitely taking some getting used to when I'm on manual mode (which is what I'm trying to stick with for the most part). I would usually just control aperture, but now I'm doing aperture, shutter speed, and ISO, and really having to because one way my picture is too dark and another way it's blown out. This camera seems a lot more sensitive than my previous one, but I think it's because it's more sophisticated. Like I said, I still have a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

I think the Saturday before Valentine's was everyone's date of choice to go out. We stayed in then and decided to have dinner out on the 14th. We made plans to do Buffalo Wild Wings, since they opened the day before, and surely no one would go to a wings restaurant on Valentine's other than like, us. And single people. Wrong. We couldn't find one parking spot in the massive parking lot, so we went to a smaller, local Baja Mexican place we discovered a couple of weeks ago.