Monday, February 20, 2012

Popular on Pinterest

Take note, swimsuit makers... modest is more popular than you think.

I pinned some swimsuits that I liked, and in less than five minutes, a few styles were already getting multiple re-pins. I refreshed my browser again after taking this screen shot and saw a few more re-pins already. In the last few years I have found a couple of other females who, like me, do not wish to bare all when I go to the beach. I prefer not only stomach coverage, but also a little bottom coverage as well (like what boy shorts and short skirts offer). It has nothing to do with my body, which I am perfectly content with, but just my personal sense of modesty. I know some people probably like these retro styles just because they're retro and kind of cute and different, but I believe there are other girls out there who have to feel the same way I do. In fact, there's a website that only sells these retro sort of suits but are modern and cute as well. I hope they add more colors to their styles before summer, and I hope that other swimsuit makers would realize not all of us want to wear teeny bikinis!

Something else I have discovered I am not alone on, thanks to the Pinterest world, is my love for Star Trek and other geeky things... as a girl. I found several girls with "geek" boards that interested me and I started to follow (some had followed me or re-pinned me first, others started to follow me after I found them). It has been kind of neat to expand beyond my real life friends on Pinterest, where I offer very little personal info, and find some things I might not otherwise.

And my most popular pin on Pinterest?

I re-pinned this Allure wedding dresss on my Fabulous Dresses board 28 weeks ago, but these last few days it's been catching fire and been re-pinned 42 times (as of right now)! Craziness.

By the way, new count...
Navy Anthro suit: 4 likes, 16 repins
Gingham Anthro suit: 4 likes, 18 repins

No comments: