Monday, September 22, 2008

Catch Up

Well it looks like this will have to be another misc. blog entry with news from the last week. I had such a busy weekend and didn't realize how behind I was in catching up with everyone! Now that I have done that, I suppose I will catch up on my own life.

This has been the slowest-starting semester ever. I guess I shouldn't complain, but it does make me kind of nervous that I will have yet to have taken my first test until next Monday. And to make matters worse, I have two other tests that week as well, so I get to have all my "first tests" for my classes all at once! And for one of these classes, this is potentially the only test, though there are a couple of projects/tests.

And what's really sad is that it's only September and I am totally over school. I am starting to catch a whiff on senioritis, but I know it will be much worse once next semester starts.

On a high note about school though, I am kind of excited about my Election Night News class. I'm just anxious (in an excited way, not a worried way) about what we're going to produce. I really, really think we can pull off the ideas we have. It may be stressful and crazy, but we can do it!

Anyhow, there really isn't too much else going on. People always ask about the wedding planning, so I guess I'll take the time here to say that it's going well. My mom, my aunt, and I have been collecting place mats that we'll be using as part of the centerpieces at the reception. I have also picked out the bridesmaid dresses for my girls, and we will hopefully be doing engagement pictures sometime in the next month.

Lastly, Garrett and I went to the Switchfoot concert last night! Ok, there were other bands, but they were the reason why we went and they did not disappoint us! We just wish they had played longer! Anyhow, it was just phenomenal. I can't wait to see them again.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Here is the link: http://blogs.utk.edu/

Thats the people from last year, I dont know when i'll get started. It should be cool.

I feel ya on the whole senioritis thing. I dont know if mine is so much senioritis though. I cant believe we're about to graduate though. college has gone by way too fast. good luck on your test

Lexie said...

who are your bridesmaids?

Lexie said...

my boyfriend had a class with jolene. senioritis second time around must be tough.