Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life Update

I felt like a general update was long overdue, but at the same time, I don't know how much I really have to say.

This semester is so slow. And I don't mean it's moving slowly. I just mean I am having a really slow start on things. I don't have a test until the 29th. I actually have two that day. No tests before then though. Most of my friends have already had a test. It's not that I'm complaining, I just hope I'll be ready when they come around. It's hard to concentrate on school when there's not much to concentrate on. I've had a couple of small assignments, but nothing big. I am, however, starting on some work for two group projects, so I suppose that's something. For my Entertainment Marketing class we are reading a book that we will then market as a movie, and in my Group Dynamics class we are doing a skit about an aspect of group dynamics. My group is doing a skit based off "The Office," so I've been watching a lot of it online lately for... ahem... research. It's going to be funny.

So my birthday is coming up, and my mom keeps bugging me about my birthday list. I just want practical stuff for the most part. The only other things I can think of are CDs, an iPod dock (which I may or may not ask for right now, since I don't know what brand to get), a diffuser for my camera flash (which costs all of $12 and I could get myself), and a couple of games. For the most part, I want clothes or house stuff. But the problem with the house stuff is not having a place to put it yet or knowing what we really need yet. Besides, that's what the wedding registries are for. Which I do want to get started on before Christmas. Anyhow, I'll probably ask for a few of the aforementioned things and then just ask her if we can go on a big shopping spree.

So speaking of wedding stuff, Mom and I finally decided on what we're going to do for the tables. We both had these lofty goals of making table runners and having these awesome centerpieces of flowers submerged in vases and all this... but it wasn't going to work out. So we found a simple, but nice solution. And it'll be a lot cheaper, which is always a plus. What a relief!

So I am making some baby steps towards my short film project. I wrote yet another draft last week and talked to my project adviser about it some. I have yet to reread this last draft, and need to do that before our next meeting. Let me tell you, taking a 400+ page novel and condensing it to a 20 minute short film is... as complicated as it sounds, even when you cut out half the plot and condense a lot. I really thought it wouldn't be this hard. But at least I'm making some sort of progress.

Lastly, the hot topic these days: what's up with new Facebook? Looking at a person's profile is so frustrating with all the different tabs. I think there is a way this could have been done and proved efficient. This, however, is not that way. I am going to try to carefully think through how Facebook developers could improve upon the new layout and then send some feedback. Which they will probably ignore. But oh well.

Anyhow, this turned out to be kind of long, so thanks for reading if you've made it this long.

2 comments:

Lexie said...

being annoyed with facebook is kind of a good thing because i dont waste so much time on it anymore! ha.

Patrick said...

I read it! good luck with the wedding stuff. Contrary to your semester going/starting slow, but I don't necessarily feel like this semester has gone by fast, but I'm surprised that i have a "midterm" in my history class.