Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Older Than I Thought!

1. I had to stare at an old friend for a good three seconds today before I recognized him. Not because I had changed, I just honestly didn't get it.

2. I just noticed about ten minutes ago that I was still wearing the sticker on my new shirt saying what size it was. I had worn it all day like that. Now everyone knows I wear an XS.

3. I am a college senior. I keep forgetting that.

I'm old...

So Brian's last blog reminded me that I have failed to talk about my classes this semester, so I thought I would do that now.

Entertainment Marketing
The second to last class I need for my marketing minor. The teacher is a little bit all-over-the-place, but I am very interested in what we'll be learning and am kind of excited about the group project where we market a movie. I hope I can make a trailer for it. That would be fun!

Group Dynamics
Even though I'm finished with my psych minor, I chose to take another psych class just because I needed to take something. It's been pretty boring so far, but I hope it'll become more interesting. We have a group project where we have to perform a skit showing a concept of group dynamics, and my group is going to reenact scenes from The Office. I'm kinda excited about that.

Global News and World Media Culture
This was a mass comm elective I registered for just a few weeks before classes started. I really like the teacher, but I'm not all that interested in the topic. I'm hoping my interest will grow throughout the semester.

Election Night News Coverage
I spent the first thirty minutes of this class on the first day thinking I had made a terrible mistake. The class is really geared towards Electronic Media Journalism majors (and I'm Production) and I was unsure of what was in store for the class. But once I realized that we were just creating a concept and coming up with content for a show, not to mention that at least half of the class would rather be making movies, I felt better. And then I felt a lot better once we started brainstorming ideas for what we could do. I think we have a very good creative team. We're all on the same page when it comes to what we want to achieve and I think it's going to be good.

And then I have my honors project that I am working on this semester. I'm starting to get kind of excited about it again, but I'm still nervous I won't be able to pull it off. I haven't made a video in about ten months. Yikes.

1 comment:

B K Kenobi said...

i think i'm a little confused about what exactly the world media culture class IS . . . but other than that, doesn't sound like a bad semester. :)

and i feel old, too. we need to find some way to stop that. (getting old, i mean.)