Tuesday, November 25, 2008

School, School, Go Away...

I don't want to write papers of take a test or help with CloseUp... I just want to be done with the semester! But sweet freedom is oh so very close... I have to chug along just a little further.

One more semester. How amazing and unbelievable! And I finally got registered for all my classes today! You see, all but one of my classes required me asking for permission to get into them, so it took a while for me to get them all, but today I finally added my last class! Here's what I'm taking...

Psychology of Happiness & Well-Being: I heard this class is really interesting, not to mention a nice little pick-me-up!

Fiction Writing: I'm really excited about this one, but also nervous. The professor required us to write a couple of paragraphs about why we wanted to be in the class, so I explained how I've loved writing for most of my life, but I have always had a hard time completing stories, and I always held myself back in my writing. She responded very enthusiastically and so I really hope this class will help me fine-tune my first love!

Applied Promotional Strategies: This is the last marketing class I need for my minor, and I'll be taking it with my current Entertainment Marketing professor. Apparently there are no tests, just projects like designing ads and such, so I'm pretty excited about that!

Advanced Seminar: Documentary: My last mass comm class and seminar. I'm unsure of what I want to make a documentary about, but I've grown an interest in them over the past few years and think it will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Plus the professor is so easy, and I need that for my last semester. :)

Lastly, I'll be working on my Honors thesis, which I managed to make very little process on this semester. Thankfully, I am getting an "I" for now, and I just need to get it done. Sometimes I really worry I'm not going to get it done, but I know that's silly. It will get done, but it won't magically happen - I've got to make it happen!


I can't wait until Thanksgiving. And *hopefully* getting good deals the day after without leaving my home, thanks to Amazon and begging my mother to be brave enough to go to Wal-Mart for me (hey, she's going to Sam's anyways, she might as well swing by) to see if the sweet deal they're offering on KitchenAid stand mixers apply to more colors than white... I really, really hope so...

6 comments:

Lexie said...

my mom is going to buy one of those kitchenaid mixers for my sister on friday! something like $70 off right??

i want to make a documentary one day. i was talking with jacob about possible topics, but then we just started getting really really silly. i need to ponder this more.

Anna said...

Wal-Mart won't have anything other than white for their Kitchen Aids (at least not in stores); Sam's might. My mom got my red one (5QT Artisan) off amazon.com for $229, no tax or shipping.

Anna said...

Hm. . sorry for the second comment, but I got a little curious.

From what I can tell, any mixer other than white is going to be the 5 quart; the ones at Wal-Mart for the killer price are 4.5 quarts. That's still an incredible deal though!

B K Kenobi said...

this is your first comment not about kitchen appliances. (hehe)

yeah, i stayed in that class for about thirty minutes before i left because i wanted to see if the movie was any good.

it wasn't.

and from what i hear, yeah, it is pretty common. which kinda makes sense, i mean, junior year of high school is usually the toughest, too, right?

also, i hate you for being almost done with school. it can't end soon enough. your classes next semester sound fun, too!

and maybe i lied. i will put in my two cents about kitchen aid. the two or three times i've used one i detested it because the bowl sits up so high it's impossible to taste the dough/batter. is batter-tasting not the entire point of cooking?

i've always thought so.

while everyone else is sitting in the livingroom starving, you're doing good in the kitchen.

just my thoughts on the batter. i mean, matter.

B K Kenobi said...

oh, i totally understand. i saw a red espresso machine once and it just looked so much perkier than anything else. white is so sterile.

Amy Anne said...

that psychology class sounds awesome!