I just realized it's been almost a week since I blogged, and I would hate to continue being the person who wonders why some people take so long between blogs while doing it herself. Now the election is over, some things have wound down, whereas now I am just now getting the chance to focus on other things! So I've been pretty busy lately, needless to say.
About the most (i.e. the only) exciting thing going on right now is considering real estate options for Garrett and I after we get married. While the economy and housing market aren't that good, the plus side of it is that buying a home does not cost nearly as much as it did two or three years ago. Garrett and I have a lot of money saved up, plus he should be employed right out of college, and Lord willing I hopefully will be as well. Among all these things, we can definitely afford to buy a condo or townhome. There are some great options in the $80,000-$120,000 range. Hopefully, someone will give us loan, but Garrett actually knows a couple of bank presidents in town so we hope we will be in good shape. Now I'm thinking, forget wedding planning, time for some interior designing! I love playing around with color schemes, so decorating will definitely be fun. And if we own, we can paint whatever we want! Yay!
Also, this last Friday we started a registry at Belk! I wanted us to have one before Christmas so family members can get us gifts from it if they wanted to, and then we'd update it later plus add others closer to time for showers and such. Anyhow, I want to add more to it now, I just need to find the time! Speaking of time, I need to start studying for my test tomorrow! I hope everyone is doing well!
4 comments:
I recommend Midsouth Bank! But of course I am biased. ;)
Ascend Federal Credit Union has the best interest rates we've ever seen.
The only catch is that you have to be an MTSU student or have a family member already there, so I'd set up an account before you graduate if that's the way you go.
it's incredibly frustrating . . . i mean, i've been in that office at least once a semester since i came here. has anyone ever acted like i would have a money problem? no.
we'll show them, amy powers. i'll include mtsu in my revenge plot whenever i get around to it.
i got your back. ;)
i'm also EXTREMELY jealous that you are finishing up school and get to buy a house and such . . . you better put lots of pictures on here!
I talked to John a few minutes ago and just remembered that while Ascend's interest rates on houses are good, they require a 22ish% down payment on a house and, well, that's a lot of money haha.
Post a Comment