Monday, December 15, 2008

Epic FAIL.

Since I enjoyed Entertainment Marketing this last semester, it is not much of a surprise that I still find interest in box office ratings and such. I just read this article on Yahoo about a movie that received less than 1 million dollars in its opening weekend... over 2000 screens. If you don't understand the magnitude of that, read the article and then you'll realize how bad it is. It is now ranked as the worst wide release opening of a movie EVER. As in, ALL TIME. Wow.

Not that this movie was expected to be a success (if you read about it you'll understand why), but I guess it goes to show that you never know what will be a bust. In fact, I was surprised to see that on the same list (the top ten worst opening weekend movies) was another film from this year that I never heard of, that stared Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor. Of course, maybe it was never marketed, and thus NO ONE had never heard of it and knew to go see it...

1 comment:

Lexie said...

i hate when movies are overly marketed and yet never reach a theater near us. but delgo was playing at every theater i checked this weekend. ugh.

it was nice seeing you!!!!