After reading this article and watching its related video, I was inspired to compile yet another list for 2008: the most annoyingly overused words or phrases used. Feel free to contribute. Of course, now you may wish there was a ban of my list compilations ;) (don't worry, I think I'm done... except for 2008 goals... ok, after January 1 we should be safe)...
2008's Annoying Words/Phrases:
1. Change (A slogan that got really old really quickly.)
2. Green (As in "going green"; I heard this so many times recently that it makes me want to go anything but green!)
3. Joe the Plumber (The dude just had a question, ok?! Did we have to talk about him like he was running for President?)
4. Recession (I know we're in one, but surely there are some other synonyms we can use?)
5. Come to or come with or anything else that sounds like it needs completion! (This is not new to 2008, but it annoys me when people use phrases that end with prepositions but don't sound natural. Would it kill you to say "Come with me?" or "When he comes to consciousness"?! Sheesh! Such laziness!)
4 comments:
Organic.
A good friend of mine has her masters in agriculture and said that the only TRULY organic foods were those sold in farmer's markets. Not Wal-Mart. Bwaha.
i'm with anna on the Organic. going along with change, i dont care for the "Hope" slogan. and "joe the plumber" was annoying as well.
i hope you had a great christmas amy and that new years is fun for you
Discourse.
UGH.
I really liked though; I asked because I actually had two sets of the colored ones in my buggy but put them back when I saw some that had some sort of iron finish to them. I keep going back to Target to see what they've got, lol. So far I've come out with the snowmen stocking holders, two more stockings, and an pinecone/pine needle iron-ish candle holder, lol
Post a Comment