Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So Help Me

Ok, so it's been a crazy week and it's only Wednesday.

Monday: Garrett and I looked at more houses. I fell in love with the first one, and Garrett really liked it to. We even called our parents and had them come look at it. They loved it too.

Tuesday: We made an offer on the house.

Today: We got the counter back, but it was still less than the asking price so we were satisfied. We signed the contract for their offer today. So long as everything goes well, we close on April 28.

I can hardly believe it.

I had no idea, however, how much time this house stuff would consume. I've been to the realtor's office everyday this week. Today I got a call from the mortgage lady's processor, but we have missed each other and not actually talked yet. We're supposed to pick someone to do our home inspection. And crap, I have hardly any furniture! Oh yeah, and there's that school and work thing too.

Too. much. going. on. at. once.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful about the house thing, but it is time-consuming and this was probably not the best timing in my life to focus on this. But the house is a little over 1100 square feet and has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, nice closet space, and some other things I like (obviously), but I won't get into too much details or pictures probably until after closing. Kind of like me holding out my project on everyone until after my defense. Speaking of which...

I have my thesis defense tomorrow, which is when I talk to my thesis advisers about the project and they give me a grade and all that. That will be nice to really be done with after tomorrow (well, minus some revisions I have to do for the paper before it is bound into a book for all eternity.

Some random Virginia number has been calling me every single day for the past several days. If they call one more time, I am going straight to the Verizon store and getting the number blocked. I don't know you, I'm obviously not going to answer, stop calling!

I just looked at my calender. Next week I have a lot going on as well: wedding dress fitting on Tuesday, Honors awards program on Wednesday, Collage program Thursday. Oh boy.

I think life starts slowing down May 17. And even then I have to get up insanely early to fly to Florida. I think Starbucks will be my friend that day.

1 comment:

B K Kenobi said...

that's so exciting about the house! i'll be praying that things work out for you.

and yay for thesis! what's it on again? i'm sure you've told me, but i can't remember for anything.

and yes! flatulent cows! argentina has lots of ranches and methane is supposedly a really big greenhouse gas. crazy, huh?!