I've decided to start a new segment called "Happy Thing." This will not happen on a particular day of the week or on every quarter moon or anything like that, just whenever I feel like it. This is just a way for me to dedicate a post to something that makes me happy, aside from the obvious (chocolate, Switchfoot, Pride and Prejudice, Garrett, etc., for anyone who has been living under a rock).
One thing that makes me happy is pictures of proposals happening. Not only is just sweet in general, but it's a great keepsake for the couple! An old friend of mine from Texas recently got to shoot a proposal (and I know the guy proposing as well) and wanted to share a few of her pictures. Be sure to go to her blog to see more from that day and her other work!
I wish I knew more of the story, but I think the pictures say a lot! What do you guys think of proposal pictures?



6 comments:
i love proposal pictures, too, in theory, but ...
i think proposing in general is outdated, er, not for me. i'd rather my boyfriend and i come to the conclusion together that we're ready for marriage, rather than it being a surprise. and when we come to that conclusion, i dont want to be waiting around for a ring to "seal the deal."
i hope i don't sound too hardcore feminist here. just my thoughts. ;)
Dunno much about proposal pictures, but your "every quarter moon" line had me chuckling pretty hard.
Also, Lexie, I can lend you a lighter if you wanna start burning bras. ;P
I think they are totally adorable! I have to disagree with Lexie though. While I think the decision should be made together, having a proposal just seems so sweet. It doesn't have to include a ring- that's just tradition.
Bah! No, I missed the prologue. I'll go back and read that before proceeding to Chapters 2 and 3.
I LOVE seeing proposal pictures! thats the only thing I wished had happened with mine, was that someone could have been recording it. Everything was such a blur after the champagne was popped that I don't remember what all happened that night. Its rather sad :(
.. we can't have ours documented.. we will only have photos. :( Hopefully they will do justice.
Post a Comment