Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Year Ago Today (Part One)

A year ago today I enjoyed a lovely breakfast/brunch with my bridesmaids, almost-mother-in-law, and mom:

Decorated the church for the ceremony and reception:
Worked on a few last-minute projects, greeted out-of-town relatives, and then went off to rehearsal:
And after dinner with friends and family, I said good night to my husband-to-be for the last time before my walk down the aisle:
(Last two images copyright of Rory White)

After five years of dating, I could not imagine what I had left to learn about Garrett. But I am still learning more about him. I knew marriage would bring us closer together somehow, but it was hard to fathom how until it started to happen. I actually spent the first month or two of marriage not really "getting" it. Now I think I am getting it. I was told the first year would be hard. It wasn't. Not that it's been all sunshine and rainbows all the time, of course. Marriage involves work and communication, just as I anticipated. But it is also a lot of fun, just as I anticipated. I prepared for what I could, and what I could not I learned from.

But more on all of that later. Stay tuned for my anniversary post tomorrow.

No comments: