Friday, June 11, 2010

Star Wars Psychology

Speaking of silly Star Wars stuff...

Some French researches have diagnosed Darth Vader with borderline personality disorder. You can read about this here and here. Apparently some find this offensive or just think it's dumb that people would bother to diagnose a fictional character with a real psychological disease, but as someone with a great interest in both psychology and movies I enjoy find it interesting to think about. And now that I think of it, Charlie Brown must have some sort of anxiety disorder...
Can anyone else think of any fictional characters that could be diagnosed?

1 comment:

B K Kenobi said...

While diagnosing Vader may be pointless/a little silly, considering fictional characters often reflect their creator, I would like to see what DV's disorder says about Lucas.

Also, on the topic of Star Wars stuff, I can't find the link but I saw a painting of Admiral Ackbar that had been done to look like that red, white, and blue one of Obama from around election time.