Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Thing #2: Silly (But Awesome) Star Wars Stuff

I am not ashamed to admit that I have geeky interests. I'm not necessarily a hardcore fan of all things geeky, but I really do really enjoy Star Wars, Star Trek, superhero movies, and Firefly. I enjoy (positive) references to these things within pop culture, which is more common for some of these than for others. Of course Star Wars has been a pop cultural phenomenon for years and it has certainly been ingrained into our society in many ways. But sometimes something a little more unique catches my attention, and that is what this post is dedicated to.

Brian posted about these a while back; and they certainly are cute:
I discovered these today, and they're available at Williams-Sonoma of all places. How awesome are they?!:
And wait, there's more...




But something that has really gotten my attention? TomTom (a GPS system) has introduced downloadable Star Wars character voices to guide you through your journey.  Here's their promotional video for it:


Anyone have any other unique Star Wars finds to share? Which of the above is your favorite?

3 comments:

B K Kenobi said...

Those. Are. ALL. Amazing.

Do you have any idea how much time I would spend doing the detailing on those cookies?

Also, I would never stop driving if Darth Vader were giving me directions.

Grace said...

I'm with Brian. I'd just keep on going to hear him talk to me!

B K Kenobi said...

"Hoooooooooh-puuuh . . . hoooooooooh-puuuh . . . you missed the turn, you fool!"

Anyway, not sure if it's silly Star Wars stuff, but I saw this post on Apartment Therapy this morning and thought of your blog.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/portrait-of-a-collectiondiy-inspiration-118333

Even if it isn't silly, it's not something you would normally see actually getting compliments on a decorating site.