I've spent the past few days contemplating volunteering, going back to school, and the like. After being pretty convinced I might check out getting a graduate assistantship, so I could actually afford to go back to school and get paid for working, I realized that there is not a graduate program at MTSU that focuses on my passions, and honestly, what's the point of going back to grad school if you don't love what you're going to do, or at the very least like it enough to actually make a career out of it? I know I could probably find another program at another school, but once again, I can't afford it without a job. So... so much for that.
I have decided, however, to try to get involved in some volunteer work. This past Saturday I had the chance to help at and photograph an event. It was nothing exciting and the pictures aren't going to knock anyone's socks off, but it's something to do, it's a chance to (perhaps) network, and I'm going to put it on my resume to demonstrate that I am indeed doing something with my time as an unemployed individual.
Sometimes I try so hard not to worry about being unemployed, and I tell myself to stop complaining about it, but lately it has been wearing down on my mind again, so I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record or whiny or anything. I'm trying really hard not to. I'm trying my best to trust God. I don't understand what's happening, but I know that I have not been forgotten.
1 comment:
volunteering is fun! I loved doing it in the hospital. Good luck finding your path!
Post a Comment