Monday, November 8, 2010

From Fall to Winter

I just noticed I have 295 posts, so after this post, I'll be four shy of 300! Wow!

So now that I am getting used to fall...

Our fall decor. The big one came from our Realtor and I grabbed the cute little one when I was at Publix one day.

"Pumpkins are silly."

I feel like winter is right around the corner. Since I live in Tennessee it really isn't I suppose, but it's still colder here than it was/is in (south) Texas! But this weekend as I switched out my spring/summer clothes for fall/winter ones (which always saddens me so much), I realized I did not have much that was nice enough for work. Then I recalled last year not wanting to buy many sweaters since I don't care for winter clothes anyhow and all I was doing was sitting around the house anyways. Thankfully I have Veteran's Day off, so I believe I'll have to go out and search for some nice winter tops.

In prepping for the colder weather, I have had a few other items on my to-get list. I am hoping that soon I will feel like my wardrobe finally has the basics established, and it really almost does, but things get worn out and you find yourself looking for a new basic all over again. This is me and black boots. I found a pair at Marti and Liz about two or three years ago, but they're getting worn out, they're loud when I walk, and not comfortable for long periods of time, though I have greatly appreciated them in the winter. I am looking to retire them for a new pair, one that can prove to be a staple for my colder weather wardrobe for the next few years.

This year I've also become crazed with having lounge wear. You see, once upon a time I got married, and my husband introduced me to sweat pants, and I fell in love.. with the sweat pants that is. ;) But I only had one pair. I still only have one pair. I only ask for one more. But part of me is also interested in fuzzy socks, slippers, and robes! Do I really need it all? Why are these things expensive (well the robes, I guess socks and slippers aren't it just adds up after a while)? But they just seem so cozy...

Also, I should have corduroy pants somewhere, but I can't find them, which makes me sad. I don't want to buy more and then find them the next week. Hopefully they'll pop up before too long.

But of course the best part of winter is Christmas. And my favorite "Christmas charity" if you will is Operation Christmas Child. I've been doing it for almost as long as I can remember and I love it. This weekend I went shopping for that and filled up my shoebox. It is a definite bright spot in all this prepping for winter.

How do you transition from fall to winter?

4 comments:

Anna W. said...

on lounge wear (because I bought a 'lounge wardrobe' at one point): i wound up never using my robe, but i LOVE sweat pants and think 3-4 pair is reasonable. and while i don't really wear socks at home, i bought a hair of super cute sock type house shoes when i was in the hospital after I had Hannah Grace and LOVED them. unfortunately i lost them, but i plan to grab another pair soon!

Grace said...

I cringe at the thought of lounge wear. I know that makes me the craziest person on the planet because EVERYONE loves to lounge about in sweatpants, but I do not own a single pair and I only wear pajama pants to sleep in.

My family makes fun of me on Christmas morning because I come out for the "Santa" and presents deal already dressed and prepped for the day and none of them have showered or changed out of their pjs.

I would definitely go with some nice, warm socks. Mmmmm.

Anna W. said...

So I just got back from Target and found some nice sweatpants in the ladies section-- I got a brown pair. They're soft and have a feminine cut, so they fit nicer than a baggy pair, and they were only $6.50!

Amy said...

@Anna: I was at Target this weekend and forgot to check there! Maybe I'll make it there this weekend. That's where my current pair is from.

@Grace: I'm telling you, I used to not be into the lounge wear thing either. But I don't wear sweats to bed either - too warm.