Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lip Syncing

I listen to my iPod everyday at work, but today I could not stop myself from lip syncing. I didn't care if I was filing in the middle of the room and others were around, it was all that I could do to keep from singing aloud! You see, after weeks of listening to my iPod at work I was afraid that my music was getting a little stale, but today it seemed fresh, and I'm not sure why. I listened to various playlists of favorite songs from favorite artists, so maybe that helped. The stories I had connected with those songs came alive. A memory from my life when that song was prevalent came to mind. I could music inspiring me once again, as it once did. I hope the memories and stories come back tomorrow, and over the weekend, I think I'll buy a few new songs and create a couple more playlists.

How has music or something else familiar spoken to you in a fresh way?

1 comment:

Amy Anne said...

I love listening to my music while cleaning.. i was just thinking how I need to download some new music through iTunes for it. Its all oldies! Like 9 or 10 months old but with my computer crashing and me using Kenneth's now, I'm not sure if all of it will go back on there. And I certainly don't like the music he listens to. Maybe everything seemed fresh because something in your life was different. When you are in a good mood thats when things sound alive more :)