Monday, December 13, 2010

Catch Up

Phew... if I'm not careful, December will become a repeat of October in terms of my lack of blogging.

So first, an update on the things I mentioned in my previous post. So it turns out I did not actually scratch the screen of my phone, but the screen protector that was already on there. I noticed this when the edges of the protector were peeling off. I took it off and it looks a lot better without the scratch and dings (though it gets smudgier without it), so I just need to be careful to not mess it up permanently.

I still feel pretty confident that the iPod is permanently damaged, however, there is some good news on that front as well. Mom bought me some software for my Mac (their version of Word) that I had asked for for Christmas because I thought I needed it... but that was before we decided to get the new laptop. Mom noticed that the software required a newer OS than what I have, and we decided that rather than paying for that upgrade, especially when we're getting a new PC, she could just send it back. And then when I told my mom about the iPod incident, she mentioned using the credit of sending the software back towards an iPod! So now I'm actually looking at the refurbished iPod Touches, considering what a deal I would get once the price of the software is deducted. Anyhow, it hasn't happened yet and I guess there's the chance it won't work out, but I'm hoping it will.

Anyhow... my weekend was pretty busy. On Saturday I was invited to a baby's first birthday party and a Christmas-themed bridal shower back to back. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures from the shower because I was really only there for the last thirty minutes, but the bride got some very cute Christmas things! And I also got plenty of adorable pictures of baby Luke, AKA Graham and Elissa's nephew, AKA my small group co-leader and former youth minister's baby boy. It was such a blast to watch Luke dig into his birthday cake!

Checking it out...

Going for bite #2...

Yeah, he conquered that cake.
A boy after my own heart. :)

And here's Luke before the cake, enjoying one of his presents...
And as you can see, I actually used a flash in these pictures. The moments just needed to be captured without me worrying about blurriness. And you know what? I intend to use the flash again. Shocker, I know.

Then Sunday, despite the snowy conditions, Garrett, Graham, Elissa and I headed out to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's afternoon show in Nashville. This was my third time and it was still awesome. I have to admit though, nothing can top sitting on the floor level, which is what Garrett and I did two years ago. We sat up in the nosebleeds this time and while you can see the whole show, the sound was really below us thanks to the fact that the speakers were below us. Next time I'd like to sit further down, even if it's not quite to the floor.
During the show. Whoever is in charge of the lighting, pyrotechnics, and all that jazz certainly does an amazing job.

We planned to make a night of it and go out to eat afterward, but the snow wasn't slowing down, so we decided it might be best to just head back home. Obviously we made it back safe and sound.

This morning I went into work an hour and a half late due to snow, and the roads really weren't bad at all by then... nor was the traffic! The worst part was trying to get out of my neighborhood, as the streets were still quite slick there.

How was everyone's weekend? Did the snow slow down any of your plans?

2 comments:

Amy Anne said...

I can't believe Luke is ONE! Wow! My snow day was awesome except for the fact I couldn't get home so had to stay at my parents house.. haha. I ended up wrapping all the presents, making muddy buddies, Kenneth took a half day so we went out to eat for dinner, and then shopping for his parents Christmas and Birthday gifts! Oh it was so much fun! Thats good news on your iPod!

Anna W. said...

it didn't mess with our plans, but a family we were good friends with in florida is moving to the D.C. area, and they were planning on staying a night in the Opryland Hotel but weren't able to bc of the snow. sad times.