Yesterday:
The motion detector from our house alarm system went off and Garrett went to check on it. Thankfully, everything was fine, but this is the second time it's gone off for no apparent reason. (And no, Callie should not be setting it off; it's not supposed to detect animals under 50 lbs. plus it's set higher than I've ever seen her go.) We're going to have it looked into.
Then we also realized the washing machine was leaking... or at least something around it was. We think and hope it's the hose. We had fun dealing with drying the laundry area... sigh...
But today:
I had some great conversation at work that reminded me of my passions. I love psychology and photography and other things, but when you get down to the root of my heart's desire, it's all about telling stories. And I loved sharing that with someone today. It awakened all those desires within me once again. It also reminded me that I really don't want life to pass me by without pursuing what I love. It's easy to get caught up in life, and heaven knows I've become jaded of the "I can do anything I set my mind to" mentality, but I still see some hope that one day I'll get to do what I love.
What life lessons have you learned lately?
1 comment:
Where are you at on the story? I want to see another draft ASAP.
Post a Comment