
Yep, that was fun. Now can it be 70 degrees and sunny please?
I got the iPod Touch and am loving it, and was also very pleased to receive Rock Band 3. Though you can do this in Rock Band 2, I think I might become addicted to creating new characters for the band. Rock Band 3 also added a keyboard to the instruments, so I've been trying that out. I'm still not so great at anything that isn't the singing, but it really isn't too hard so long as you can remember what fingers are on what keys!
We were supposed to get our laptop today (you know, the one we ordered on Black Friday?), after a bunch of hoopla involving FedEx losing our laptop, but when Garrett went to pick it up at the store they said they could not give it to him until they had attempted delivery three times. This was after Dell was awesome enough to give us overnight delivery once they had built the new laptop, so basically that defeated the whole purpose of that. Anyhow, Garrett scheduled the delivery for Friday morning since I will be home.
I thought I'd share my list of goals that I have come up with so far, though they're not so much for 2011 as they are for the next few years. I have them broken down by different categories...
Goals for Home Interior (Before We Move Out of Current House):
- Get rid of all excess clutter; give away clothes, throw away old junk, etc. Organize what's left over... and keep it that way! (This is definitely something I want to get done in 2011)
- Paint a picture I am proud of and hang it on the wall.
- Hang something on my bedroom wall.
- Get my print from Hobby Lobby framed and hung on the living room wall.
- Plant something in front of the house.
Cooking Goals for 2011 & 2012:
- Bake something and top it with ganache.
- Learn how to make good cheesecake.
- Learn how to make good truffles.
- Learn how to make good fudge.
- Learn how to make good salsa.
- Learn how to make good queso.
- Add at least five (preferably more) recipes to my cooking rotation.
Things to Accomplish/Do Before 27:
- Go to Chicago.
- Seriously start pursuing getting published.
- Pick a career path and pursue it.
- Shoot or help shoot a short film.
- Buy a new video camera.
- Buy a new DSLR.
- Go to another country.
- Go on a mission trip.
- Acquire a new desk.
- Go to Houston.
- Write a screenplay that I am proud of.
- Study a book of the Bible so in-depth I feel I could write a Bible study on it.
- Start and actually keep a prayer journal.
- Scrapbook again, either frequently as a hobby again or for something specific.
- Establish an exercise routine that I actually enjoy!
Before 30:
- Buy a new (to me) car.
- Get published.
- Buy a new house.
- Go to another country (in addition to going to another one before 27).
- Go to Disney World.
- Buy a piece of furniture that I really love and is 100% my style and taste (and is not a hand-me-down!)
- Pet a dolphin.
I plan to definitely add more to the "Before 30" list throughout the next few years and maybe to the "Before 27" list as well. What are some of your goals for the upcoming year and beyond?
3 comments:
Give me a week and I could have your house organized :D
Not sure if you're iPod touch has a camera, but if it does, you should get the Hipstamatic app. It's so much fun to just tinker around with no matter where you are!
geez! such big goals! i think it's interesting none of them include having babies! ;)
pet a dolphin.. totally cute!! I love this idea.. I might have to take it :) Good luck with the organization, its a fun task to do!
Post a Comment