So, I was going to try to put together 101 goals to do in 1001 days instead of New Year's resolutions. I know that sounds extremely lofty, but many of them would be simple, like: learn how to make yummy queso. (Apparently my co-worker Tim makes great queso, I just need to ask him how he did it. Yes Grace, he does. I tried it.) Well, I have come no where near 101 goals, and while I could make them up along the way, I really did not want to do that. But I had a good list of goals. I'm considering of changing it to more of a 30 before 30, but some of them I want to fulfill way before 30. So I don't know. But once I figure out the format of my goals and their deadline, I will share them.
I am also trying to make goals for editing my novel next year, since I have not touched it since I started my current job, and I want to get the ball rolling on publishing it before too many years pass by me. I also want to focus on getting the house organized and getting rid of clutter. When we moved in, we just plopped a lot of stuff down somewhere and it really hasn't moved since. I don't like that and intend to change it, regardless of whether we stay in the house for just another year or ten years (hopefully not the latter... it's not big enough for children!).
I mentioned a little while ago that I was waiting for a special picture to be delivered to our house. It was a canvas of one of our wedding day photos, which I got from Canvas on Demand via a Groupon for quite a deal at forty something dollars for a 16X20 (value of $112 I believe). Well, it's gorgeous, but way more huge than I thought. So now I'm embarrassed to hang it up... even in the bedroom. It seems so self-glorifying. I didn't think of it that way before, but when I saw how big it actually was... it seemed a bit much. I did our favorite picture of just us together from the day, and I'm starting to wonder if we should have done a different one, like maybe one of us doing our getaway where we aren't nearly as dominant and there's a lot going on. But it's not like I can exchange it. Sigh. Please tell me that I hang a ginormous picture of my husband and me somewhere in the house and it not look ridiculous. Amy did this in her apartment and from her pictures it looks nice. Maybe I can put something else next to it? Please give me ideas so I don't have a $40 doorstop. Talk about buyer's remorse about something I was convinced I had to have...
Also, the laptop that Garrett and I decided to buy ourselves for Christmas? FedEx lost it. It won't be here on Christmas. :( But the good news is that Dell is fixing it and sending us a new one within 8 days, yay! Hopefully by the new year then... just so long as it doesn't get lost too...
3 comments:
Over the fireplace, of course.
just get make it like a frame wall. Find some place in your house and surround it with many photos, so you don't that awkward about it. Maybe take some of your landscape pictures and get them blown up to an 8 by 10 and find some cheap frames at Kohls that match your house and hang them up! :) Does this make sense?
I would find a nice frame (not a dinky one that just 'seals' the edges) and hang it in area of the house where it wouldn't be the center of attention. i have a very large photo (roughly 30x16) that is hanging on a wall between our kitchen and staircase. it's not a picture of us, but i think it could be gaudy if improperly placed.
and honestly? if you wind up hating it all together, it's just forty bucks. it could be a lot worse.
Post a Comment