Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Part Two: We Keep It Simple

Most of Garrett and mine's date nights are very simple, and Valentine's is no exception. Valentine's also has the misfortune of falling in Garrett's book cycle schedule at work (AKA busy time), so it being on a Monday was not going to fly for doing something on the actual day. But we actually did not do too much on the actual weekend. We usually go out to eat Friday nights anyways, and that Friday we did so with friends.

Saturday morning Garrett had to work, and when he came home (while I was still making his truffles... oops...), he brought me a little something:

Some pretty roses! I really appreciated them, and I am happy to see that a week later, they still look great!

Then for the evening, we decided to keep things simple and stay in. We got one the heart-shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy's...

(precooked here)

and rented Despicable Me and Knight and Day from Redbox and watched those. $5 for pizza and the movies were free thanks to promo codes. A cheap Valentine's celebration (or perhaps thrifty?), but it was what we wanted.

But it didn't really end there. Sunday after church Garrett suggested we go out to eat at Chili's. We don't each out much after church like we used to, so I was sort of confused by this suggestion, especially since the last time we ate out after church with his parents that's where we went, and that had probably only been a month ago. But he suggested we could split an appetizer or meal and then share the chocolate molten cake. Obviously Garrett knows the way to my heart. :) It was soooo delicious!

(Not my picture.)

Actual Valentine's Day was normal except we traded cards and I gave him a cute Starbucks mug that says "love" on it. It's really for both of us to use, and neither of us even drink coffee so it'll be for whenever we drink hot chocolate. I didn't take a picture of the mug but here's the bag I put it in, from Target:

And a picture of us from the day:

Second married Valentine's means that our second anniversary is right around the corner!

1 comment:

Amy Anne said...

my roses ended up dying on Saturday.. more than week after he bought them! Thats more time than I've ever had flowers last! And your valentines day sounds like an amazing one! Simple but sweet! Perfect combo!