The ingredients are Oreos, cream cheese, and bark/baker's chocolate (whatever you wish to call it). I added the sprinkles for a fun Valentine's Day touch.
Don't forget to turn on the tunes. Optional... but fun. :)
The first step is to crush the Oreos. The method I went with was putting the Oreos in a Ziplock bag and crushing them with the rolling pin. I'm pretty sure the food processor route would be much easier, but I don't have one.
It took a good bit of effort, but I got it ground up.
Then, you mix the ground cheese with the crumbs. Again, probably easier with a food processor, as this definitely took some elbow work!
Then you use the mix to roll up truffle balls.
The next part was melting the chocolate. I decided to use Caroline's double-boiler method since she's pretty much a baking expert.
It took some time, but the white chocolate came out just right.
Some of the regular chocolate looked like it was going to burn soon whereas some of it was lumpy, so I removed it at that point and used it.
Then came the dipping. The white chocolate was easier to work with as far as it stayed at a smoother consistency, but it was harder to cover the Oreos. The milk chocolate had a terrible consistency but it was easier to cover the Oreos... just not the truffle so much. They were a clumpy mess!
Ick. By the way, anyone have dipping tips? I did chill the truffles while the chocolate was melting, which I think may have helped from them being an even bigger mess.
Thankfully the white ones looked a little better. And after adding sprinkles they were ready to chill then eat. Garrett was very appreciative and said they were yummy, so I'd say it was a success, even if they were a little ugly.
More about Valentine's coming in the next day or two. Anyone else cook or bake anything for the occasion?
4 comments:
awww! one of my students made these for me on the last day of student-teaching! :)
I cooked chicken Parmesan and served it with a salad and bread (and dessert) for John. It's one of his favorite Italian dishes at restaurants, so I thought I'd give it a try, and it turned out pretty well!
it kinda looks like the choc wasn't hot enough.. i think you can add veg oil a little bit of it, and that will do help it. also I have never tried those, but they look amazing!
my bad, kenneth is me! :) aghh!
Post a Comment