I've had a pretty busy weekend with all the Easter festivities! Yesterday I had lunch with my dad's side of the family and today I had lunch with Garrett's mom's side of the family and dinner with Garrett's dad's side of the family!
Yesterday afternoon after lunch, Mom and I ended up going to Gap, Target, and Ulta. We went to the Gap to advance my never-ending search for jeans that actually fit (no luck there), but I did get some cute and casual khaki pants that are a good staple item that I can wear instead of jeans on some days, as well as a cute pair of Bermuda shorts and two shirts that were on sale. We got some essentials at Target, and I bought the Beatles' 1 CD (I felt it was about time I own one of their records, since I'm 21 years old and this is one of the most popular bands ever). And then we decided to go to Ulta after a conversation Mom and I had at the face wash aisle in Target.
I've always had real oily skin, which has thusly equaled many outbreaks throughout the years. I think I first started seeing pimples on my face at the age of nine. I never had severe acne or anything, but I would get some ugly blemishes from time to time.
A few years ago I started going to a dermatologist, which seemed to help at first, but then my skin started to dry out from the strength of the products (to the point where skin would flake off, meanwhile some parts of my face will still be oily and pimply)! Many trips back and changes of prescriptions later, I still never found a really good solution.
So yesterday my mom mentioned that perhaps I needed to try to use a different type of makeup. I have been user a liquid powder foundation from Cover Girl for a few years now, which Mom says probably doesn't exactly help my pores unclog. So we set off to Ulta in search of a better solution.
We ended up talking to an employee there, and she recommended Bare Minerals. It's powder, so I was hesitant about its coverage for my oily skin, but she insisted that it was the best way to go in my situation, and then proceeded to demonstrate to me how I can layer the powder on in such a way that will give me good, smooth coverage. I was pretty amazed that powder could do that. She also demonstrated putting a translucent sealer on top of the powder to lock it in, as well as the option of a sort of highlighter (kind of like a bronzer) and blush. All the things came in a starter kit, so we decided to get one.
This morning I put it on incorrectly (I had forgotten some of the steps), but it was still looked nice, and it should be even better when I actually put it on correctly (I'll have to watch the DVD to ensure I do this)! Hopefully, because of the natural ingredients of this product, my skin shouldn't suffer so much by what I am putting on my face, and perhaps help my pimple problem some. I know I'm never going to have perfectly clear skin, but I will take any little bit that helps and does not dry out my face!
Oh the joys of being a women...
1 comment:
I've heard good things about those Bare Mineral makeups. Clinique also has some oil reducing stuff, that my sister uses cuz she has really oily skin. You put it on under your regular make-up. Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hey, and it was nice seeing you on Saturday night! See ya again soon!
Post a Comment