Friday, March 28, 2008

Strangeness.

Well not much is going on in my world. I'm soooo glad it's the weekend!

So... what's up with the 70% chance of thunderstorms and then we only get a couple of sprinkles? The weather here is so unpredictable and strange.

And you know, it just doesn't seem fair that Carrie Underwood goes to ETSU and my school gets stuck with Al Gore. (Yeah I know that former Vice President > American Idol winner, but really, which would you rather see?)

Also unusual, today one of the buildings on campus received a bomb threat. Luckily no bomb was found.

And why is that every time I need to see my adviser she's out of town or has to reschedule our meeting or something? Hopefully I'll get to see her before I register, since I don't know what to register for!

So I've been mattress hunting, because I'm switching to a twin size bed for the new house, and I've come to learn I'm a mattress snob. But it seems I have pretty expensive taste for almost everything... but not the funds to supply. Anyhow, now all I want is a Simmons mattress, but of course they cost more than something like Serta. And at least it's not as expensive as Tempurpedic or something. But there are a couple of mattress outlets I'm going to check out, so with any luck I'll get a good deal.

And last of all for this incoherent blog entry, I started re-writing one of my stories yesterday, and I think it'll be a little easier to get through. Hopefully. We'll see. I always seem to hit a roadblock at some point.

3 comments:

Anna said...

WHY are you switching to a twin?

Sam's has good deals on Serta mattresses; if you're not a member, you can always get a day pass.

Overstock.com is also worth checking out; that's where we got our mattress.

Amy Anne said...

haha.. i love that.. we spent half a million on her to come to campus.. and screwed up every resturant that's open past midnight.. and make waiting an hour plus.. and there are only like 3 of them open too! Have a great day!

Anna said...

I like new bedding. What is it going to look like?