Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tax Free Weekend

Between Mom being sick and the paper I need to work on today (which I will work on right after this, I promise!) I have had very little time to go shopping this weekend, especially out of town shopping like Mom and I had originally planned. But I went to the Avenue and the mall yesterday afternoon, and was very disappointed that no one was really having any sales. Dillard's was doing this great thing with their purses, however, where you bring in a slightly used, clean handbag you don't use anymore and you get a certain amount of the new purse you want, based off the amount of the purse. I have been eying a yellow Fossil purse with a $128 price tag, which meant I would get $50 off the purse. In addition to the %50 off, my mom had a gift card that she said I could use.

So I went back this morning with one of my mom's old purses and got the beloved Fossil one. I ended up still having to pay $55, but it's leather and I'll probably carry it for a year like I did my last one that cost the same amount, so I think it's worth it. I was excited, since I have been carrying the same purse for over a year. It's roomy and has compartments so I am quite happy.

Equally exciting, if not more exciting, was the fact that I FOUND JEANS THAT FIT ME! I wasn't planning on going anywhere other than Dillard's and Plato's Closet (no luck there) today, but Mom was like, "Oh, we have this 20% off thing for Gap, so I went back (after having gone yesterday), and found jeans on the sale rack that fit me! For those of you who don't know, on top of the fact that it has always been hard for me to find jeans that have the curvy fit and the short length, I am now in the unfortunate state of being between a size 2 and a size 4 (but not a size 3, since that's a juniors size and juniors doesn't fit me). They're actually a size 2, but they're the normal fit instead of the curvy, and they fit like they were made just for me. I am so flippin' excited. And they don't even drag to the ground, so they shouldn't get messed up, so I can probably wear them a long time (as long as I don't gain weight). YAY!

I also got a cute cardigan and two camis, then called it a day. Now I have to work on that ten page law paper... boo...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Anna, btw. I didn't realize John was still signed in his gmail account.

I don't quite understand my sizes, lol. I have three dresses with different sizes (4, 6, 8) and they all fit perfectly.

Plato's closest is a hit and miss store. I usually go in t here every week or so to check out what's new. I've had the most luck with dresses. They very rarely have any good jeans.

Unknown said...

Once again, this is Anna. I've got to start double checking this thing.

Lol, I actually told him that something so small (and expensive!) had no business being in his pants, and if it were ME, that I would have been a little more protective with something so valuable, so yes, you're right.

Unless something absolutely insane happens, we're planning on home schooling at least through elementary school. Possibly middle school, but they'll definitely go to high school. I agree with you; although I was public schooled, I really dislike a lot of what public schools are these days.