Monday, August 3, 2009

Life Today

I have decided to get back into reading (I haven't done much since before college, maybe even before high school), partly because I have been struggling to get back into writing. I started Left Behind yesterday, which I first (and last) read when I was about 6th grade. I never finished the series, but I intend to now. While it's not the best writing ever, it's certainly not the worst either, and I love the characters. I'm glad to get back into it.

Today I decided I want to get back into my first novel that I started when I was 13 years old. After many unsuccessful writing attempts I was seriously considering trashing it forever, or at least for a long, long time. Maybe nothing will ever come of it, and maybe I'll give up again by the end of the week, but today I want to at least want try. Already the writing seems to be coming a little easier.

Now if I could just get a call for a job interview, or figure out where my photographer sent off my wedding pictures and album, then life would feel just as it should be... for today anyways. :)

2 comments:

Lexie said...

I read the LB series when I was in middle school, too, but I never finished. I contemplated rereading, but then just read wikipedia summaries instead, hah.

Anna W. said...

Amy K. introduced me to the Christy Miller series, and I've been reading those since we moved down here (makes me glad I'm married!). I've also read My Sister's Keeper this summer, and my mom gave me Three Cups of Tea for my birthday. Not that you asked what our summer reads were, but I thought I'd share, lol.