Monday, August 24, 2009

Meet Callie Bear...


She is the latest addition to our family. We really had no intention of getting a cat now. Maybe in a few months, but not now. With Saturday's gorgeous weather though, we decided to hit The Avenue just to walk around. Garrett suggested we go to Petco. I warned him it could be dangerous. Boy was I right. We saw the kitties and I just fell in love with the one-year old Callie Bear. I talked about her a lot but didn't actually think anything would come of it. Then yesterday Garrett suggested we go back, and maybe even get her. He broke down the costs and said it wouldn't be bad at all. So we went back to hold her and such, and she seemed to take to us. So here we are, with this pretty kitty.

Yesterday she followed us around a lot, so we were worried she might not be very independent and wondered what we got ourselves into, since life with just the two of us was quite nice and we weren't really expecting this co-dependency. Well, she still likes to follow us around (particularly me, since I'm home more), but she'll typically just chill out in the room with me (or us), only occasionally meowing for attention. I think she's getting used to us, and over time will become more independent. She also bothers my allergies a little, but even this seems to already be improving a little, so I hope it continues to do so. But overall, Callie's friendly and sweet, and I think she's a great kitty.

3 comments:

Lexie said...

awwwwwwwwwwww! i'm so jealous you got a kitty, and a lovey-dovey one at that! what a cutie.

Anna W. said...

I don't know how I managed to do this, but I commented on your previous post rather than this one, so I copied it and am pasting it here too, haha.

My mom and I heard fairly good reviews about The Shack and My Sister's Keeper, so she bought one book (The Shack) and I bought the other, read them, and then sent them to each other, haha. One thing I've learned (mostly from reading books on marriage) is that just because its been published doesn't make it valid. Thanks for the heads up.

I like the kitty; she has such a pretty coloring

cicruscow said...

I have to say, you and your husband are so good looking together. Don't know you, just had to say this because those pictures are facken great. :) I hope you have a great and endless future together :) x