So today I went through the laborious task of clearing out my closet of summer clothes and somewhat (I still have more to go through) filling it with colder weather wear. While doing so, I felt this absolute dread come over me at the thought of getting cold and wearing sweaters. As I type this I am wearing long sleeves but the sleeves are rolled up, not because I'm warm but because long sleeves feel weird to me at the present time. I guess I'll get used to long sleeves and colder weather eventually, but right now I want nothing more than to bask in 70-degree weather forever. Well, maybe not forever. It can be 80 in the summer and 60 in the winter, with a short cold spell during the month of December. Scarves are pretty cute, after all, and what better time to have winter weather than during the Christmas season?
Do you have winter woes, or do you like the change of seasons?
3 comments:
You pretty much described the weather in this part of Florida, lol.
It isn't really cold weather that bothers me; it's the wind chill. Br.
i guess each season has it's pros and cons . . . i think, overall, i'm glad to live somewhere where i can get a taste of all three. (though a move to a warmer climate would definitely benefit my sinuses . . . :( )
on a completely different note . . . have you considered entering a story in a contest? i've been looking into getting an mfa in creative writing (raaandom) and picked up a journal/magazine thing and it has a million contests in the last few pages. i thought of your AMAZING story you posted on facebook and thought i would bring it to your attention. i'm sure you could win!
i leave all my clothes in my closet. I have given up on drawers. So its really not hard for me to adjust to the changes. The one thing that is annoying is how its so cold in the morning, then it gets so hot in the afternoon. It makes it hard for me to decide what to wear. Then to add to that fact, the schools and the health department is freezing so I have to make sure I am bundled up.
Post a Comment