Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Guess I'm Weird...

I've been interested in psychology for years, probably even longer than I've realized, since I've long had an interest in personalities. I remember always being slightly stumped by the question: extrovert or introvert? Sometimes I feel like one, and sometimes I feel like the other. An extrovert is energized by others. That's true of me. The introvert needs alone time. That's true of me. An extrovert is thought to be outgoing. I wouldn't say I'm outgoing, but I wouldn't classify myself as shy either. Truth is, I am shy at first, but once I am comfortable with a situation or person I'm more outgoing. Really, I feel I am somewhere in between.

Tonight I found myself in a social situation where I knew the people around me, but I just didn't really say much or was even very expressive. I felt a little out of place, but I'm not even sure why... I suppose because I was the youngest one there. Sometimes I can barely know people and click with them. I probably won't go out of my way to talk to them first, but if they talk to me first, we may have a pretty good conversation. I think sometimes it depends on my mood or how my day went. Or maybe I'm just weird.

In other news, I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the job hunt. I almost don't even care anymore. Now I know why people who are looking for jobs these days are given up. BUT, I am writing. Remember when I said I was going to work on my old novel again? Well, I still am! Well, I had trouble at first... You see, it's from the perspective of four different characters, and I was struggling with what order to put everything in. So much so, that it was hindering me from writing. So I decided to create a separate document for each of the four characters, and I'm just writing about them however I please. I'll worry about order and all that later. But I realized that I only have to write 20 pages from each character's perspective for it to add up to a decent novel length, and now that I'm writing it this way instead of straight through, I think I'm going to have an easier time not only meeting my goal, but exceeding it. So I'm feeling pretty good about that. Not that I think I'm going to get rich off this, but it's about the baby steps I guess.

Another positive thing about not having a job right now is having the chance to continue my Daniel Bible study at the church. I really enjoyed the first six weeks and learned a lot, but now that we're in the prophecy part of the book it's like whoa. Not that I've ever firmly believed in the pre-tribulation Rapture theory, but I'm actually less convinced of it now that I'm doing this study (which is sort of funny, since Beth Moore leans toward the pre-trib theory). Right now I'm leaning towards it either happening it during the Tribulation or that we've misinterpreted the verses about the Rapture. (The word Rapture is actually not in the Bible, but the term refers to the verses that says we will be taken up and meet with the Lord in the air, which are never correlated with the Tribulation in the Bible. Fascinating, isn't it?) I'm still open to pre-trib though, especially since it is so popular, but I don't feel the "evidence" is strong enough (at least not from what I've seen) for me to jump on that bandwagon right now. Anyhow, these are the deep things I have time to think about now.

This entry started one way and ended in a completely different way... but oh well.

1 comment:

Amy Anne said...

i'm starting to understand the job issue. of course I can't give up :( I've applied for about 10 jobs over the past week and 6 have sent me emails saying no.

And you sorta just get into a rut and you just i don't wanna use the word hate, but its kinda like that. you are i guess feeling out of sorts, not like yourself, so you kinda withdraw.