Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bad News, Good News

Bad News: I'm finished with my temp job and back to square one as far as being unemployed.
Good News: I have learned a few things, have something new to put on my resume, and have the free time to focus on writing and other things again.

Good News: Chuy's was better the second time.
Bad News: Their salsa is still not impressive and I still don't find it as amazing as everyone else finds it to be.

Bad News: The shoe situation.
Good News: Garrett's mom told me about a store in town that fixes shoes up and I'm planning to look into it. So long as I feel it's less than a new pair of shoes, I believe I'll go for it, because I don't think I'm going to find anything anytime soon.

Bad News: Facebook photo uploading does not want to cooperate with me. For a couple of weeks it wasn't letting me do it through Firefox, so I ended up discovering the iPhoto Exporter, which worked well the first time or two, but not so well after that. I tried uploading through Safari twice before the server failed. Then magically, I could upload pictures through Firefox again. At least, some pictures... the ones Facebook felt like uploading. And then not all the pictures have a thumbnail in the album...
Good News: Hmmm... no good news really, other than I have finally gotten most of what I wanted uploaded.

Bad News: Yesterday I went to the zoo without my longer lens, resulting in less-than-amazing photos of most of the animals.
Good News: I got some good pictures of lorikeets, and they were so much more colorful than all the other animals anyways! Plus, I had an awesome day with friends!

Bad News: My phone has been randomly shutting off every once in a while for a few months now.
Good News: Even though my credit doesn't come up until September, thanks to a buy one, get one free deal, I may get a neat new phone later this week.

Bad News: I know my novel needs a lot of work and I basically need to start again from the beginning.
Good News: I feel like this is a new and worthwhile challenge while job hunting that will stir some creative stimulation as I try to think outside the box I have been confining myself to while writing this story.

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

Have you tried perusing through Marti and Liz? They're gently used shoes, but sometimes they still have the tags on them. John and I saw a pair of men's Merrells for $40 (normally $100 shoes), and they seriously looked like they'd never been worn.

We went to the zoo last week!

Amy Anne said...

Off Broadway Shoes.. in the Avenue! Go to it! They have flats, and ballet shoes, and so many shoes! Go check it out! And most of the prices are between 30 to 50 bucks.. not too bad.

Yes, Marti and Liz is awesome for shoes also.