Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

The Good Friday tornadoes swept through town. I'll never forget that day. My family was very blessed as our house only suffered from minor exterior damage, but houses just down the street from us were not as fortunate. I remember how surreal it was to walk around my neighborhood and see all the damage after spending a few days away due to lack of power. I remember when I heard the tornado hit hard in my neighborhood and I waited to hear from Mom if our house had survived or not, while I waited at work. I remember the police presence we had in our neighborhood for weeks afterwords, and how weird it felt when they were gone.

Tuesday night on The Weather Channel, the story of these tornadoes were featured on Storm Stories. I have not seen it all due it lack of cable, but I have seen clips of it on The Weather Channel website, which you can see here. It was so weird to think, "I've been in that church," "I've walked on that trail," and "I know that girl." I was reminded of how fragile this life really is, but also that God is in control.

I don't really have anything else to say, I just wanted to mention the anniversary. You can check out some pictures I took last year here (there are more on Facebook if you look back), and you can check out some pictures from after the tornado and its restoration since here. What do you guys remember about that day?

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

I remember being completely stunned, utterly terrified, and oddly amazed at the sight of the tornado as we watched it less than half a mile away.