Here's what I wrote up last week but never posted. The week ended in the shocking elimination of Pia, leaving only two girls for the Top 8...
(1) Jacob: WOW. So good. Toned-down and perfect.
(2) Haley: She rocked it.
(3) Casey: He brought out the upright bass! And it was great. I enjoyed his performance as usual.
(4) Lauren: Great ending... wish she had brought that soul in a little earlier. Still good though.
(5) James: Scaled-back James... pretty good. Loved the music and the arrangement more than his singing. But it was a good, emotional performance.
(6) Scotty: I think he's picked up some dancing skills from Paul (not a compliment BTW), but he seriously needs to sing Elvis every week. So much better than his usual country, in my opinion. :)
(7) Pia: Her first upbeat number! And it was great; it still showed off her vocal range and ability.
(8) Stefano: I wasn't feeling it at first, but halfway through he grabbed my attention and took charge of it.
(9) Paul: As long as you have your guitar, I like you. Perfect song choice and great performance.
Tonight (Top 8)...(1) Paul: You didn't have the guitar, you danced around like your goofy self, and wore that awful suit. But I'll admit, you had my toe tapping.
(2) Lauren: When I head "Miley Cyrus" I was definitely worried, but Lauren made it work pretty well.
(3) Stefano: I thought it was very good, but I wasn't as over-the-moon impressed as the judges.
(4) Scotty: I have to give Scotty credit... With this song, I felt like I could be going through stations and him singing this song could be on one of the many country stations in Nashville.
(5) Casey: Scary Face Casey from the first week came back. I enjoyed the jazzy vibe though. Not my favorite of his, but it was good and it was Casey.
(6) Haley: Not her best, but still pretty good. I agree with what the judges said.
(7) Jacob: Great vocal, but the performance didn't demand my attention until the end.
(8) James: I will give metal a chance, James! Favorite performance of the night.
I give up on predictions for now; things have been too unpredictable!
I think tonight's show should be called, "Top 8: Where every finalist tells Jimmy Iovine to shove it." OK, not all of them did, but several of them. And for good reason. He was really being a jerk this week, and not very helpful at all like he can be. Thankfully, it was a pretty good week regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment